For this post, I am going to talk about the pros and cons of gluing Legos together. This has been a long time debate in my family.
The “Pros” of gluing Legos together when you build them.
- The Legos stay together better when you glue them. Today, I regret that some of the Legos I built were not glued because most of them fell apart eventually.
- When glued, Lego creations are more durable when you play with them.
- Glue helps Legos stay together when you just want to put them on display.
- If you have a baby brother or sister, they won’t be able to break your creation as easily if glue is holding them together.
The “Cons” of gluing Legos together when you build them.
- If you glue your Lego creation together, you won’t be able to take it apart later.
- You can’t modify the object by taking off a piece here or there to put them on differently. Glue takes away some creativity of the toy.
- Last, but not least, you can’t take it apart then build something totally new out of it. Gluing totally limits what you can create and how you can play with them.
Tip: You can use Krazy Glue (a.k.a. Kra Gl) to fix broken legos as shown below.